Sportsmans 90
  • Sold

$ 584,900

This 90 acre recreational property is the perfect spot for the avid sportsman to spend their time just on the outskirts of town.   Surrounded by open pastures, the timber filled property and pond stocked with large-mouth bass, provides the perfect sanctuary for quality whitetail deer, turkey, and dove.


4.1  miles to Waelder, 21 Miles to Gonzales, 1hr 10min from Austin, 1hr 20 min from San Antonio


The 90 acres is about 70 % wooded with the remaining 30% being a seasonal creek drainage with large mature Cedar Elms, Post Oaks, Live Oaks, Yaupon, and American Elms and a few grass covered breaks.  The seasonal creek and cover on this property provides a natural travel corridor with adequate food and protection for the many animals.   The front portion of the property has been previously cleared and has some Mesquite tree re-growth.   This could be cleared again if needed for cattle grazing.   The owner’s family and friends have hunted deer on the property and report good numbers and quality bucks.  The pastures are currently a mix of both improved and native grasses including Coastal Bermuda.


The pond located in the North corner of the parcel is stocked with many hungry large-mouth bass, minnows, and blue gill perch. It also provides an excellent place to hunt dove and the occasional duck during in the fall and winter seasons.  The seasonal Baldridge creek provides a temporary water source in times of sufficient rain, and a wildlife superhighway when it is dry.   Property is subject to a transferable water lease effective through 2029.

The property is perimeter fenced and is in need of repair in places.  This parcel also includes an excellent fenced in cattle trap which leads to working pens with a good chute.


The seller believes to own the entire mineral estate and will consider selling some with a full price or better offer.


The property is currently qualified under the Agricultural tax valuation via a grazing lease

Shown by appointment only.  Do not enter property without permission.

***Buyer Agents must make first contact and be present at all showings to participate in 50% commission split. If this condition is not met, Buyer Agent split is at sole discretion of Grand Land Company

Basic Facts

Property ID: 2635 Status: Type: Post Updated: 2023-03-27 17:00:31
Area: 90 acres Lot size: 90 acres Minerals: Available Property Use: Hunting, Recreation, Livestock / Grazing
County: Gonzales Subdivide: No Access: CR Gravel Utilities: Electricity Available, Well Needed


mature trees
Whitetail Deer

View on map / Neighborhood


Listing Packet: Brochure-and-Maps.pdf
  • Properties Qty: 87
  • Company: Broker

John grew up in Victoria, TX and was involved in multiple cow-calf operations in that area as well as Bryan-College Station, TX while attending Texas A&M. He earned a B.S. in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences. John has over 25 years experience in commercial sales and rural property services, and he is the Broker of Record for Grand Land Company. (TREC #655090). John is an active member of the Realtors® Land Institute, has earned the prestigious Accredited Land Consultant designation, and has been recognized as a part of the 2022 APEX Producers Club by RLI. John serves on the Executive Board of the Coastal Conservation Association of Texas (CCA) and is a member of the Williamson County A&M Club. John is also actively involved in the management of several hunting operations in South Texas. He and his family are are avid outdoor enthusiasts spending most of their free time hunting, fishing, and hiking in the great outdoors. His passion for the outdoors combined with his depth of experience with all types of rural properties brings authenticity to every transaction.

This style property is located in is currently and has been listed on Grand Land Company. This property is listed at $ 584,900. It has bedrooms, bathrooms, and is 90 acres. The property was built in year.